116. Insights From A Leadership Coach: Interview With Pod O’Sullivan (Part 1 of 2)Monday, Sep 14, 2020
What an Executive Coach has observed makes an Executive Assistant effective and what gets in the way
Padraig O’Sullivan or Pod as he is known was the business leader I supported in my role as an Executive Assistant. He was a mentor and informal coach to me and I consider myself fortunate to have come into his orbit.
Pod’s reputation as a leading leadership advisor and Top Teaming expert has been established with over 20 years leadership and coaching experience encompassing Australia, Asia, Europe, South America and the Middle East. He has been labeled “one of Asia’s top leadership experts” and is author of the award-winning series of International books “Foreigner In Charge: Success strategies for expat leaders”.
What you’ll learn in Part 1 of my interview with Pod includes:
- What makes a leader more impactful
- The importance of learning from each step on your career climbing frame
- The importance of finding the commonalities and connecting the dots so you can be clear about your strengths and when you’re really in flow
- How he helps leaders be better leaders
- How he feels about leaders who have chosen not to have an EA
- How he engages the leaders’ EAs in the 360 process and why
- The one thing he believes gets in the way of an effective EA/leader relationship
- How curiosity is key
Search for Pod’s podcast “The Leadership Diet” in your favourite podcast app.
Loved it? Share it.
Looking for something? Search here
I work with executive assistants and administrative assistants to equip them with the skills and confidence they need to influence more effectively and demonstrate the leadership and interpersonal skills to make them a 'linchpin' to their boss and organisation.
Get a monthly drop of The Linchpin Assistant wisdom straight to your inbox.