117. Insights From A Leadership Coach: Interview With Pod O’Sullivan (Part 2 of 2)Monday, Sep 21, 2020
23 minutes 11 seconds
Part Two of my chat with Pod O’Sullivan about what he has observed makes an Executive Assistant effective and what gets in the way
Padraig O’Sullivan or Pod as he is known was the business leader I supported in my role as an Executive Assistant. He was a mentor and informal coach to me and I consider myself fortunate to have come into his orbit.
Pod’s reputation as a leading leadership advisor and Top Teaming expert has been established with over 20 years leadership and coaching experience encompassing Australia, Asia, Europe, South America and the Middle East. He has been labeled “one of Asia’s top leadership experts” and is author of the award-winning series of International books “Foreigner In Charge: Success strategies for expat leaders”.
In this episode (Part 2 of the interview) we discuss…
- How he sees the strategic value of the EA in enabling the leader to operate at a higher level
- The importance of leading from where you are and the concept of self-leadership
- 2 reasons he sees that EAs are ineffective
- Why he believes it is an extraordinarily important role
- Why radical candour with your boss is something that EAs should strive for.
Connect with Pod on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/padraigbosullivan/
Podcast is “The Leadership Diet” find it in your favourite podcast app
Loved it? Share it.
Looking for something? Search here
I work with executive assistants and administrative assistants to equip them with the skills and confidence they need to influence more effectively and demonstrate the leadership and interpersonal skills to make them a 'linchpin' to their boss and organisation.