My ‘out of office’ message has expired and whilst I’m still basking in the glow of our annual summer vacation I’ve been thinking of how I can support you to grow and develop in 2024 and it’s for that reason I’m talking about the Personal SWOT.
Before I go into that, let me share five things this holiday will be remembered for:
1. Pepper (our one year old Cavoodle/Cavapoo) unwittingly trying to kill me on our first walk. I became tangled in her lead, fell over and as I hit the ground my elbow speared into my ribs (don’t ask how I managed to do this move). A week later I’m still on pain medication 😣
2. There’s a cow our family have nicknamed ‘Mooella’. Everyone, except me has spotted her. She seems to like wandering through the Sugar Cane and Macadamia crops we pass on our drive to the beach. I feel like she knows we’re onto her shenanigans 🤣
3. My BBQ Slow-cooked Pork Shoulder is the bomb 💣
4. My husband received a new beach wagon for Christmas. We christened it Timothee the Trolley in honour of #timothychalamet 😜
5. I’m onto my fourth book. Whilst this may seem slow reading the first two were each 500 pages so I’m feeling like I’ve hit peak holiday reading mode 👍🏻
I trust that your 2024 is off to a great start as well?
The second episode of Assist With Impact for 2024 dropped this week. It was recorded in the car on a rainy afternoon. The audio is a bit on the ‘tinny’ side but I promise the content is worth it.
The episode is a re-share of a gold nugget from the back catalogue of ‘Liz wisdom’. It was first shared in Episode 70, way back in early 2019. Remember the Personal SWOT? Well, it’s time to delve into it again, and I promise, it’s going to be worth every minute!
Personal SWOT: Why It Matters Now More Than Ever
There was a time when SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) was only used as a business tool? Guess what, it’s way more personal now, and here’s why it’s crucial for your self-growth journey. It’s about knowing yourself and charting your path forward with clarity and confidence.
In my first episode of 2024 I suggested setting some SMART goals. Well, doing a SWOT analysis is a brilliant way to zero in on those goals.
The Four Corners of SWOT
In the episode I break down each element of SWOT. It’s more than listing things; it’s about using them to sculpt your future.
1. Strengths: Here’s where you celebrate your talents. From technical skills to soft skills, it’s time to own and be proud of what you bring to the table.
2. Weaknesses: We all have them, and that’s okay. It’s about recognizing them and learning how to mitigate their impact.
3. Opportunities: Possibilities are all around you. Let’s identify them and see how you can turn them into stepping stones for success.
4. Threats: Challenges and obstacles are inevitable. But understanding and preparing for them can make all the difference.
How To Do It Right
As you know, I’m all for practicality. So let’s talk about how to do a personal SWOT analysis effectively. It’s not about spending hours; it’s about focused, quality time assessing yourself. And don’t forget, this is a brainstorming session about YOU – both personal and professional you.
Actionable Steps Post-SWOT
Once you’ve done your SWOT, the real magic happens. It’s time to set those SMART goals and transform insights into actions. Remember, a plan without action is just a wish!
Final Nuggets of Wisdom
I’ll leave you with a thought from Jim Rohn: “Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.” It’s a mantra that I believe can change the way we approach life and our careers.
I don’t have a crystal ball to predict the future. I do know one thing for sure. Undertaking a personal SWOT analysis will set you up to thrive, not just survive in 2024.
So, what do you say? Are you ready to join me on this journey of self-discovery and growth? Take a listen and then grab your pen and paper. Let’s get started. Your future self will thank you!
Looking for something? Search here
I work with Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants to deliver the confidence, consistency and career development that transforms them into thriving Linchpin Assistants.